In the year of our Lord 2007, in the month of March, there came a man unlike any other, or at least that’s how it’s told. His name was Bahlactus. On this day he had called together storytellers far and why in the corner of the multiverse known as the Blogosphere (hopefully I’m spelling that right). And he did decree…
Bring me your tales of daring do. Tell other of these great heroes in underwear worn outside brightly colored tights. Amuse me..I mean them..with legends of schoolgirls battling vampires, robots battling Nazis. But not just any tales. I want to hear of fists against bone, feet against flesh. I want to hear…
I want to see them fight!
And so bloggers came from far and wide, scanners running hot, to call forth…
I made this logo when I was finally able to join, under our current Master of Ceremonies, Spacebooger. However, the event was started by Bahlactus, whose site appears to have fallen from the internet. Yet, his legacy remains.
Throughout the history of FNF sites have come and gone, both from the contest and the internet itself. There are only a handful of us left, so in hopes of boosting our ranks I decided to post some of my Best Of FNF articles, where I take time during tournament breaks to go through previous tournaments and choose “the best of what’s left”. Since my initial posting of the first round more sites have disappeared, so there are even less “left” than there were. Let’s take a trip back in time……
- Superman punches giant monkey–always a crowd pleaser.
- The early fights had some of the dialog altered. I’m pretty sure the Spectre didn’t talk like that. Nor did Doctor Doom spit out a line like this.
- Captain America and Namor vs. a Frankenstein-y monster. Even as a younger man, Chris Sims brought the odd. Such as a woman punching a shark. With her “bionic arm”, yet.
- The Thing vs. The Thing. Stop hitting yourself, Ben!
- Batman battles the Karate Kid. No, not that one.
- Two words: killer ballet.
- Batman vs. Cheetah.No, the animal not the supervillain.
- I had to get one in from the blog that drew me into comic blogs, and it has Superman vs. Grundy.
- A little love for Power Girl. The Metal Men…not so much.
Nowadays when I do these posts I split them in half for each tournament. Also nowadays the winners of the twelve rounds return for a Prize Fight, with an actual prize. Usually it’s an Amazon giftcard, but sometimes our man Fred does something special. You can hit Spacebooger.com every Friday night and vote for your favorite entry (which now includes one from yours truly, and no, I’m not soliciting vote here–I’m trying to get more competitors.)
If you have some posting space and a lot of comics with fights in them, please join in. All you have to do is contact Spacebooger by 6PM Friday Night and follow the rules posted on Tuesday night. We could use some fresh blood.
And if you want some interesting and varied takes on comics, check out the blogs who have taken part, even the ones that sadly don’t. They don’t know what they’re missing.